What is the most intimidating thing about Halloween? Typically I hear the costume ideas are just too tough to come up with something cool and that won’t break the bank. Then I hear, “but if I only had a make-up artist it would look so much better.”
Well don’t worry you don’t have to be intimidated by Halloween Make-up.
First tip is by the materials the weekend prior and “TEST, TEST, TEST” it out so you know the look you want to accomplish is actually doable.
This year my daughter is going to be a glam-clown! What are some inspirational make-up ideas so we know exactly what to buy?
For a “GLAM CLOWN” items you will need:
• Tone your face
• Apply Foundation that is lighter than your actual skin tone
• Apply White Powder (this look requires no contour or shaping so just one even light skin tone before you work on the eyes and lips)
• Make-up setting spray (this can be found at any Halloween or Make-up store)
• Choose the color clown you want to be… we chose purple, but you can choose metallic, red, pink, or blue
• Decide if you want the triangle over the eyes to touch the mouth or not
• Start creating the triangle shape with the lightest colors using a lip liner or eyeliner and then add color shadows blending and staying within that shape you created with the pencil
• Always ending in black (so don’t start with black if you really want the actual color you chose to show up)
• Remember LESS IS MORE so don’t go too nuts if you can help it…
• If you are going to use glitter make sure you have something it can stick to prior to you just applying (example is; clear tacky eyelash glue or white eyelash glue that will dry clear - another great glitter tack is hairspray or hair gel)
• Finish your look with again the setting spray
Have fun and Happy Halloween!